Choosing subjects to study at school and university can be a daunting process, not just for students but for parents as well. By not choosing the right subjects, students can lose motivation or even worse, not be able to get into the right TAFE, University or other courses that they aspire to undertake.
When you move into the final two years of formal schooling, or are in the first year at university or TAFE, it’s important to choose subjects that:
- Allow you to work from your strengths
- Challenge you and make the most of your capabilities
- Provide you with the qualification that you need so you can pursue your dream career and ambitions when you leave school
- You enjoy studying
- Offer a range of study that is manageable (i.e. think about choosing a balance between theoretical and practical subjects)
- Are your choice and not the choices of others
A career coach is able to give you both career advice and advice about the subjects to select in years 11 and 12, or for the remainder of your university or TAFE course.
When you choose your subjects, you’ll need to ensure that your choices match the ongoing career choices that you want to make. We directly help you with information related to:
- subjects required for entry to university
- subjects related to careers/occupations
- relevant subjects for post-secondary courses at Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), including TAFE and private providers
In a One-to-One consultation, you’ll:
- Discover the careers that best suit your personality, values and interests
- Explore your subject options, and get help to find the career that suits and fulfils you
- Learn about your course options at TAFE, college or university
- Get advice on any careers and courses you are currently considering
- Develop an action plan to help you on your path to a fulfilling career
Choose face-to-face, or a combination of these, for the time allocated. 1.5 hours is generally enough time for the whole consultation. Any follow up sessions are $250 including GST.
This program is suitable for high school students, graduates, and people who are currently employed, from entry level up to middle management.
Oliver and Jan McCully, (parents of Josh and Ryan McCully grade 10 and 12 students Sunshine Coast)
“Before we met Jane our sons were unsure what direction they were heading for their careers. After meeting Jane they’re full of enthusiasm and know exactly what they want to do. .Jane is awesome, she has an excellent way with people a great listener. She offered lots of relevant suggestions and always made the boys feel good about themselves. If you’re serious about your child’s career or they’re unsure of what they want to do………you must call Jane…………she will give it 100%!!! ”
Please also note that as your coaching session is highly tailored and customised I generally only work with 2 clients per week. This may mean you have a 2-3 week wait to get an appointment.
Subject Selection with Jane Anderson at Mt Gravatt QLD
(FAIM, Master Career Director, Professional Certified Executive Coach, Certified Career Coach with CDAA)
$1495 - including GST
Face-to-Face, Phone or Skype Consultation (2 hrs)(at Mt Gravatt Brisbane)
Jane Anderson is one of two Master Career Directors in Australia and a Certified Professional Executive Coach (ICF), an accredited Career Counsellor (CDAA) and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management with a background in executive coaching, training, career development and image consulting. Jane has been featured in Cleo magazine, Brisbane Business News, Marie Claire and featured as the “Job Whisperer” on Today Tonight. She is also an approved trainer and coach on the Australian public service panel for PEP Worldwide. Jane has also been a guest speaker at the Reinvent Your Career Expo.
Jane holds a Bachelor of Business (Marketing), a Diploma in Workplace and Executive Coaching, and Diploma in Training and Assessment. Jane is accredited in MBTI, DISC and the Science of Happiness at Work. Jane was an internal government trainer in Application Writing and Interview Skills and has advised government recruitment panels. So she now helps her clients in areas such as resume writing, selection criteria and interview skills, and aids many clients in navigating the Queensland Government’s Capability and Leadership Framework.